Thursday, February 19, 2009

Week 1 in Australia

Hello everyone!
Again, the photos are all out of order :) I must not be very good at this!

Anywho, I've now been in Sydney for a little over a week! It feels like much much longer than that though. Not in a bad way, but there are definitely times when I've been homesick. It's really strange being half way around the world and all alone! I'm met some great people, and I can already tell this will be an unforgettable semester.

This week has been insanely busy. DLC (the place where I'm living) has been keeping us busy with activities every night, and I can't wait to just relax and go see "He's Just Not That Into You" with some girls tonight. I've seen it with my mom... but it'll be fun to see again. The nights are fun, but after almost a few months of no work or anything to do, I'm so incredibly ready to start school and have a weekly routine and schedule. 

And now... since I can tell a story in photo captions... here are some pictures for you all! :)


Taylor, Daniel, Anna, and I. Thursday night Harbour Cruise for the International Students! 80's themed! Afterwards, Daniel took us to see a drag show on Oxford Street. Obviously my first drag show. They performed "Dreamgirls" and I don't think any of us stopped laughing the entire time! I was so sad my camera died right after this picture... no scandalous drag queens on this post--sorry everyone.
Kim, Anna, and I getting ready to board the Harbour Cruise!
My $10 80s one-piece and I in front of the Sydney House. It was a hit :)
Taylor, Kim, me, Julie, and Daniel at "The Ranch" up the street from Macquarie University
My surfer gal, Kim and I
DLC did a scavenger hunt around downtown Sydney on Tuesday. We had to stop at different locations and each team got points by doing a whole bunch of funny dares at each place. For example... we had to try to get someone to feel awkward enough to move to a different park bench by sitting extremely close to them without talking to them or touching them. It got pretty funny and slightly awkward!
Another dare: Sing and dance as a group on the steps of the Opera House.
The beautiful Sydney Harbour & Bridge!

Until next time, much love everyone. Have a great weekend!
xoxo,
Carly

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update Carly!I love your photos and captions! Carly the Explorer in Sydney! Looks like you have a new t-shirt for your wardrobe. Good day to all your new friends.
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am Jealous... That is really all I have to say... Oh! And only YOU can make 80s look good! Haha! Love you!
    Love,
    Val

    ReplyDelete