Thursday, May 7, 2009

I Feel Special


This should catch your attention.


1. "Cabaret" opens tonight and I have at least 4 friends coming to see it! Yay supportive friends! :)

2. Thanks to my parents, I found out a town a couple hours north of Sydney is LITERALLY being taken over by poisonous spiders larger than the size of a grown man's palm.

oh. my. god.

3. I was congratulated by the director of "Cabaret" the other day. He told me that I made the perfect facial expression out of anyone else during one of the scenes. What kind of face/expression is this that I totally dominated, you ask? Oh yes. The "AWKWARD" face. Not sure if it was much of a compliment when he specified what part of the show he was talking about... Turns out I'm a natural when it comes to being awkward. But we all already knew that.

4. I am officially "cool" (and still awkward). My senior year prom dress was featured on "Desperate Housewives" last week! It was at the very end when Gabi's daughter is trying on all of her mother's dresses. Alright. So an 8-year-old is wearing my dress... not Eva Longoria... but I can't help but still feel special :)

5. I got 2 letters in the mail today-- from Mrs.Keirans and Mrs.Fortney (my piano teacher)! Super sweet.

xoxo,
Carly

4 comments:

  1. Bahahahahahahaha Dad looks great and you look like a cute conehead. The picture did grab my attention. Good work.

    Break a leg this weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carly...if you are awkward...then I am awkward. Oh yeah...I am awkward! I hope your first performance went well. Please do tell us all about "Cabaret" at Macquarie! I love you! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the show sister!! Awkward is AWESOME! It's really a lifestyle choice if you ask me... Is there a video you will be able to bring home? I know you said you are all skanky in it, but still I know we would love to see it. We could all watch it at Christmas (the birth of our lord)...when we can all gather as a family (complete with small children who will look at you a little different after watching the show). Good times!! Hehe! On a side note, I know your letter said you are not on the poster, but that one girl does really look like you! Watch out for identity theft!
    Love you!! Good Luck with the show!!!
    xoxo, Val

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! I looked right at the picture and didn't recognize either one of you! Not until I read Joc's post and then I went back and looked again and STILL don't recognize either one of you. And, it's NOT altzheimer's!

    Didn't Val make your senior prom dress? Maybe she's even cooler than you!! Nah.....

    Love, Aunt Jeanne

    ReplyDelete